Thomas S. O’Brien, CPA
Thomas S. O’Brien, CPA, is a co-founder of the Firm and served as Managing Partner for the first ten years of its existence. He is now retired. He specialized in the areas of retirement, estate planning, accounting, and tax areas of client service.
Mr. O’Brien graduated from Iona College in 1959 with a BBA degree in Accounting and is licensed to practice public accounting in Vermont, New York and New Jersey. He is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, the American Accounting Association and the CPA Societies of both Vermont and New York. He is also an Assistant Professor of Business at the College of St. Joseph in Rutland, having been on the adjunct faculty since 1975.
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs
- Member of the American Accounting Association
- Member of the New York CPA Society
- Member of the Vermont CPA Society
- Assistant Professor of Business at the College of St. Joseph in Rutland, having been on the adjunct faculty since 1975.
- United States Marine Corps, 1956-1962
- BBA Accounting, 1959 Iona College, New Rochelle, NY
Community & Philanthropy
Prior community and professional service includes memberships on the boards of the Rutland Regional Medical Center and the Rutland Free Library. Mr. O’Brien is also a Past-President of the Vermont Society of CPAs and Past Chairman of both the Vermont Board of Public Accountancy and the Mill River Union High School Board. He currently serves on the Board of Heritage Family Federal Credit Union and is a member of the Regional Advisory Board of the Stafford Technical Center. Tom is a volunteer at Rutland Regional Medical Center.