Thomas B. Shortle, CPA, CVA
Tom co-founded the firm in 1987 with Tom O’Brien and served as managing partner from 1998 until June 30, 2015. While active in all areas of client service, his concentrations are in business and personal income tax planning and compliance and advisory services including business valuations. He has also had extensive experience providing litigation support services to the legal community.
He is currently a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountant (VTSCPA) and the National Association of Valuators and Analysts (NACVA).
Tom currently serves as the vice chair on the Vermont Board of Accountancy and is a member of the finance committee at Rutland Area Visiting Nurses and Hospice (RAVNAH).
- Member American Institute of CPAs
- Member Vermont Society of CPAs, and former President of the Board of Directors
- Member Vermont Board of Accountancy
Former member National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts through December, 2019.
- BS in Business Administration, Castleton University, Castleton, VT
Community & Philanthropy
His past service includes:
- Treasurer and Board member of RAVNAH
- Member of the AICPA Governing Council
- President and Board member of the VTSCPA
- Adjunct faculty member at the College of Saint Joseph in Rutland, VT
- Treasurer and Board member of the Rutland Area Food Shelf
- Treasurer and Board member of the Rutland Economic Development Corporation
- Treasurer of the Rutland Country Club
- Advisory committee at Stafford Technical Center
Tom’s leisure activities include golf, snowshoeing and travel with his family.